Nov 24, 2008

Warhammer Heavy Metal Event - Day 1

So this morning the European Servers got the Warhammer 1.05 patch and with it the Warhammer Heavy Metal event! How cool is the live event tab? When you click the tab you get a little heavy metal music chime! That aside if you read my post yesterday you will not of been surprised that the first task was to play the new Reikland Factory scenario.

It took me on a medium population server about 5mins for the first scenario to pop, after that it seemed to take about a minute after coming out of one before another one started. So for me it took about 20mins to do the first task. I have seen reports that some servers and some tiers where having issues with the scenario starting but I haven't personally witnessed this.

So with the first task very easy to complete, I took a few screen shots of the new scenario and then got down to fighting the forces of destruction!

Overall I enjoyed the scenario, it was nice to have new content added so soon after launch and as I've rolled a lot of alt's it was nice to be able to play something other than Nordenwatch in tier 1.

If you haven't played it yet the Reikland Factory scenario features 4 capture points. 1 in the centre which is worth the most points over time. Then 3 other points in a triangle around the centre point, that a worth slightly less points over time. You can see what I mean below:-


You can then see from the map that both groups start at the bottom of the map on either side.

I've yet to see any side totally dominating due to their use of tactics on this map. Normally it’s the side with the highest levels wins unless they have a poor class balance or very poor skills.

Overall I've been very impressed with the scenario there are lots of routes between points, lots of hiding holes and places to explorer. It seems to me at least to be a very well designed and polished scenario. I'm looking forward to playing it over the next 2 weeks!

0 评论: